Sunday, March 4, 2018

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em

My thigh muscles are talking, my biceps are aching, my lower back is whispering and my throttle-thumb is whining.



Because .... snowmobiling.
I finally saw the entirety of Bear Spring Mountain. From astride a snowmobile and man oh man, was it fun!
To be clear, my top speed was 20 m.p.h, for a 50 foot stretch, and I almost lost my right ski to a maturing birch tree on trail no.1, and I wiped out in the unplowed, over-crowded parking lot ... but who am I to complain?



The photos don't do this place justice.
It is my home away from home.
Charlie Browne was not allowed. But I did take him on a very short snow-shoe hike after my three hour ride.



The snow was knee-high and I am out-of-shape, though in-pretty-good-shape-for-almost-being-50. The hike was short.







But the views were long... expansive...beautiful.






*Between hikes, Lillian Browne writes about the environment, politics, crime and business in Delaware County. She is a NYS licensed outdoor adventure guide exploring the world around her, one step at a time, with her dog - Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment